KYOCERA Wins 4th Consecutive Good Design Award for Multifunctional Products: Two new A3 MFPs recognized for exceptional design, usability and ease of maintenance
den 14 december 2017
Kista, Sweden - December 14, 2017 - Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. (President: Norihiko Ina), one of the world's leading manufacturers of document imaging solutions and document management systems, is pleased to announce that its new A3 multifunctional products (MFPs)*1, the ECOSYS M8130cidn and ECOSYS M4132idn have won the Good Design Award 2017 hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion (JDP), a public interest incorporated foundation.
Replete with excellent attention to detail, including not only the appearance but also the design of the inside of the machine, these MFPs feature easy maintenance. The products won the award in recognition of their ease of maintenance realized through the unitization of all maintenance related functional components, and also in recognition of their excellent maintenance support system in combination with a preventive maintenance system achieved through remote control using cloud computing.
The MFPs require no special tools for maintenance as the necessary parts can be removed and returned easily. Focusing on usability, the products demonstrate ingenuity in the shapes and colors of parts to be handled, and also boasts high visibility achieved through labeling and the allocation of symbols. In addition, the MFPs are compatible with Wi-Fi Direct and NFC*2 as a standard feature in order to ensure that cloud services and mobile devices, both of which are frequently used for business purposes today, can also be used conveniently. By reinforcing IT features, this product enhances the possibility of improving document workflow.
Furthermore, the products' compact body (590 mm wide x 590 mm deep) has a design that makes the machine look sleek from any angle, even from the back. Consequently, the product can be installed not only against a wall, but also beside a desk or in the center of an office, expanding office layout possibilities.
Encouraged by receiving this award, Kyocera will continue to develop products with close attention not only to performance, but also to design and usability, thereby helping to establish an environment in which customers can engage in document work even more comfortably.
- *1Release dates vary according to the country.
- *2NFC (Near-Field Communication): Data communication is established between two electronic devices simply by bringing one of them within 10cm of the other.
About Good Design Award
The Good Design Award is a comprehensive design-promotion system that picks good design out of a variety of unfolding phenomena, and aims to enrich our lives, industries, and society as a whole by highlighting and celebrating these works. It is hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion, a public interest incorporated foundation. Recipients of a Good Design Award are granted use of the G Mark symbol, which has been an emblem of good design for over half a century.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- KYOCERA Wins 4th Consecutive Good Design Award for Multifunctional Products: Two new A3 MFPs recognized for exceptional design, usability and ease of maintenance
- KYOCERA receives "Highly Recommended" rating from BLI for thirteen products
- SIX KYOCERA PRODUCTS AWARDED “2017 SUMMER PICK” FROM BUYERS LAB
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
- KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- New KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- A CELEBRATION OF ACHIEVEMENT: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AWARDS TOP EMEA SERVICE TECHNICIANS
- 32nd Kyoto Prize: The Inamori Foundation recognises prominent figures from the fields of robotics, medicine and philosophy
- LATEST MFP AND PRINTER SERIES TO ENRICH SMART OFFICE WORKSPACES
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS NAMED A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: WORLDWIDE DOCUMENT WORKFLOW SERVICES 2016
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security